Development Director, FoundationTahoe Forest Hospital District
Working closely with the Foundation management and staff, the Development Director will create, lead, and implement a comprehensive fundraising program that includes Principal/major gifts, annual giving, and a grateful patient program which includes planned giving, corporate and foundation relations.
Participates in the development and execution of all funding programs at the Foundation ($2 million revenue goal).
Plays a lead role in all elements with the Foundation’s two major special events including identifying and securing event sponsorships at $50K levels and above.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Works with the Foundation management to develop strategic plans and annual objectives to accomplish goals.
- Drafts annual work plans and develops monthly action plans to achieve goals.
- Runs the day-to-day activities of the Foundation including campaigns, corporate and government grants, major donor’s acquisition, and donor stewardship events.
- Identifies, cultivates and acquires appropriate donor prospects with an emphasis on major and legacy gifts.
- Works with the Foundation staff team to implement the record keeping and stewardship system that support a successful donor relations program from a broad-based prospect pool.
- Manage end-of-the year appeal/annual campaign for continued giving by existing base of donors. Works with the Director of Marketing for design and production of solicitation pieces and ongoing donor communication as needed.
- Seeks out opportunities to be involved in the community; acts as an ambassador for philanthropy.
- Identifies, researches, and develops potential sources of gift support including individuals, corporations, community organizations, grant sources and foundations including preparation of written proposals.
- Communicates with Incline Village Community Hospital Foundation Director to assure collaboration with development activities between the two Foundations.
- Works with IVCH Community Outreach Assistant to align outreach activities with foundation events.
- Ensures funds are collected, invested and expended in the best possible manner and with full accountability to the donor and all regulatory agencies.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgement of all gifts and sponsorships.
- Assumes responsibility for department compliance with regulatory/accreditation guidelines.
- Collaborates with Executive Director of Governance/Government Affairs to advance partnerships with key community leaders, government officials, and healthcare coalition building endeavors.
- Creates community presentations on behalf of Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation and Health System and presents at regional and community meetings, briefings, and conferences as assigned.
- Ensures that confidentiality of hospital and patient information policies and guidelines are observed.
- Role models effective, honest and open communication principles.
- Provides leadership and demonstrates professional growth.
- Represents department to internal and external publics.
- Provides oversight to the development of budget and capital equipment needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and a minimum 3-5 years as a Development Director or Fundraising Executive in a healthcare non-profit organization or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS: Required: Drivers License Preferred: Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
OTHER EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced knowledge of best practices in major gift solicitation, planned giving, donor stewardship, direct mail, Grateful Patient programs and event management. Proven communications skills in a business environment. Proven skills in securing Major Gifts/Sponsorships of $100K+.