Director of Community InvestmentL+M Development Partners Inc.
L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Community Investment to develop, implement and manage the company’s grantmaking and community investment efforts to strengthen the low-income communities where we work. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, able to work well as a member of an integrated team, but also capable of working independently with limited oversight and able to build key internal and external relationships.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $4 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 15,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Research and assess various nonprofit partners and recommend grants.
- Research, identify and work with other funding sources to leverage our donations.
- Build and establish strategic relationships with government officials and community groups.
- Work with the development team to provide creative solutions for non-profit partners and community facility users.
- Work closely with our property management team to enhance lives of the residents of the communities where we build through company investment.
- Engage and bring together all project teams to vision and implement community investment initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual community investment/philanthropy budget.
- Manage all company philanthropy.
- Develop and manage the company’s employee volunteer program.
- Work with PR firm around internal and external communication of our community investment and philanthropy efforts.
- Monitor and manage performance of each community investment initiative.
- Provide regular reports describing our community investment and philanthropy efforts.
- Develop and monitor analytical information to assess impact of our community investment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent resourcefulness and research skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfort with public speaking and presentations.
- Comfortable with and skilled in building relationships with nonprofits individuals, foundations and businesses.
- Ability to establish and develop procedures and programs.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Commitment to company values.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Computer literate, to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 7+ years in nonprofit field, particularly in grantmaking is desirable.
- Familiarity with real estate and affordable housing a strong plus.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Please submit a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume to email@example.com. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. If you are not contacted for this position, please accept our sincere thanks and appreciation for your interest. No phone calls please.