Vice President, Major Gifts and Planned GivingHonorHealth Foundation
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization in the Phoenix Metropolitan area known for community service and outstanding medical quality. Our organization encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 10,500 employees and 3,100 volunteers, urgent care centers, clinical research, medical education, the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization and extensive community services. The HonorHealth Foundation is the philanthropic support arm of HonorHealth.
HonorHealth Foundation is looking for two Vice Presidents of Major and Planned Gifts to join our expanding team. The Vice Presidents, Major Gifts and Planned Gifts reports to the Senior Executive Vice President,(SEVP) of the HonorHealth Foundation and serves the Foundation in developing, socializing, and executing strategies to build a robust pipeline of individual donors and prospects, focused primarily on Major Gifts and Planned Gifts of $25,000 and more. Position will carry a personal portfolio of approximately 150 donors and prospects capable of making high-level major and planned gifts and will serve as a mentor, leader and role model for a team of front line fundraisers and assigned administrative staff. Position is responsible for building out an integrated grateful patient fundraising program that identifies new prospects through various screening and referral services, targets and assigns prospects to appropriate strategies and staff, and conducts coordinated solicitation approaches. Serves as an active participant on various campaign and leadership teams and task forces. Position will work with President and Senior Executive Vice President to identify funding priorities for clinical and research areas, and create, socialize and execute fundraising strategies to reach financial targets. Will support the design, implementation and reinforcement of a leading-industry, metrics-based, moves management process to fully leverage the technology available and align staff performance and incentives with the overall objectives of the department. Position serves as a senior leader of the SEVP's team and shares responsibility for cultivating a culture of excellence, collaboration, accountability and efficiency throughout the HonorHealth Foundation and moving toward the vision of being known as model of excellence among elite fundraising programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Develops annual and multi-year plans, with leading-industry evaluation tools to grow private support activity from the Major and Planned Gifts programs. Integrates these programs within the entire HonorHealth Foundation structure to ensure a seamless and exceptional donor experience.
- Portfolio management and execution of strategies related to approximately 150 high-level donor (gift capacity at $25,000 and higher) prospects.
- Design, monitor and evaluate a fully-articulated prospective donor pipeline that incorporates physician referrals, grateful patient identification, other program engagement/referrals and assigns and triages prospects to the appropriate strategy for engagement and solicitation.
- Enforce a metrics-based, moves-management model for calling officers that regularly evaluates performance and productivity and is aligned and incented with the overall objectives of the HonorHealth Foundation
- Leadership responsibilities and representation throughout the HonorHealth System.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
- At least 10 years of fundraising or equivalent experience required.
- Success in managing a high-level portfolio of high level prospects and donors capable of making six and seven figure gifts. A skilled, experienced and motivational leader.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring development officers in all aspects of solicitation cycle.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, customer-service and relationship building orientation, and good judgment and be capable of communicating and working with a diverse range of individuals.
- Experience with designing and implementing major and planned gift programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A results-oriented leader, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing, and executing.
- Strong collaborator, individual contributor, and team player who can develop authentic partnerships within the department and throughout the organization.
- An energetic, creative, dedicated, 'leads by example' professional who models the values of HonorHealth and of the philanthropic industry.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- 15 years of fundraising experience.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Fellow in the Association Healthcare Philanthropy (FAHP) or Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE).