Director of Communications & MarketingThe Satell Institute
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING for
PRESTIGIOUS, FAST-GROWING, ENDOWED NONPROFIT INSTITUTE
The Satell Institute (SI) is a fast-growing, independent, nonprofit and fully-endowed Think Tank for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). It champions the interdependence of successful business organizations, the well-being of the communities they operate in, and the need they have for each other. The Institute just completed a dynamic first year of achievement during its “quiet” phase, and is now ready to move on to assume a role as the “Think & Do Tank” leader in the CSR industry. This uniquely combines thought leadership, groundbreaking research and education with gaining active, four-year corporate financial support for strong community, non-profit organizations of the corporation’s choice.
As part of SI’s next phase, we’re seeking an accomplished candidate with top drawer, non-profit experience for our Director of Communications/Marketing position. This person will establish and implement strategies for all marketing communications including commissioned groundbreaking research, website, email, blogs, event planning, data management and PR. The selected candidate will work closely with the CEO and executive leaders of SI as their Communications/Marketing partner on myriad strategic initiatives to further the goal of being a Collective Force of Business and Nonprofits for the Greater Good. Because of its endowment and direct four-year funding from corporations to nonprofit organizations of their choice, fundraising for the Institute is not part of the communications agenda.
This position would be attractive for a talented communications/marketing manager or associate director currently working for a highly regarded nonprofit university, teaching hospital, prominent think tank or significant disease institution, who has strong interest to assume the lead Communications/Marketing function. This role provides a stimulating opportunity to interact with leading academic scholars, universities and prominent business executives. Our advisory board consists of highly prestigious and recognized professionals supportive of CSR.
- Develop, implement and ensure the success of annual communications plans, including comprehensive marketing, communications, event planning and public relations programs that will enhance SI’s message and position as the leader in the CSR community. Collaborate with executive staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective regarding such plans, and incorporate their feedback on program quality and effectiveness.
- Develop short and longer range budgets and objectives for all communications plans and activities.
- Generate content and messaging across various marketing communication formats that engages target audience segments, and leads to measurable and desired actions. Content development formats include electronic and print collateral such as the SI website, PR releases, groundbreaking research, microdocumentaries, newsletters and event invitations.
- Create momentum and awareness about SI, its philosophy, mission, research and vision. Ensure all communications portray a consistent and effective message about SI.
- Serve as SI’s representative with the media. Coordinate media interest in SI and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate responses to media requests.
- At least 5-to-10 years of related experience, including demonstrated success in developing and implementing communications strategies that meet objectives for leading nonprofits.
- Top notch marketing messaging and writing skills, with experience that includes website copy, press releases, end-to-end email strategy, blogs, list management, reports and presentations.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and creative capabilities.
- Experience negotiating with the media, and making presentations to executives.
- Highly collaborative, relationship builder with strong influencer skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills; experience with social media.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
Information on The Satell Institute – A Think Tank Dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility
The Satell Institute (SI), founded by Ed Satell (www.edsatell.com), is a fully endowed Think Tank offering organizations workable strategies and opportunities, including partnering with nonprofits whose mission they find compatible, to more efficiently accomplish the greater good they seek. Corporate Social Responsibility is an inescapable priority for business leaders which should benefit the business partner while serving the needs of the non-profit and the community. SI is an independent, 501(c)3 nonpartisan thought leadership and research organization -- A Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Think Tank.
The concepts behind SI rest on a proven record of success. The Institute’s founder, Ed Satell, is an innovative entrepreneur, experienced philanthropist, and an engaged civic leader who has QUIETLY partnered for decades, often as a lead donor, with many specialized nonprofits to improve the community in a variety of diverse areas including research universities, community institutions, and supporting disadvantaged children, young people of promise and others consistent with free enterprise values.
The Satell Institute provides a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture. Respect, empowerment and effective teamwork for growth are key values. We’re located in Malvern, PA and Center City Philadelphia.
Please click on the below link to review the following information on SI:
- Purpose & Mission
- Advisory Board
- Executive Liaisons
- Research Director of SI
- Eight Guiding Principles
- International Research Advisory Council
- Commissioned & Completed Case Studies 2016
- Commissioned Microdocumentaries 2016
- Accomplishments in 2016