Corporate Sponsorship ManagerCommon Sense
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital-citizenship and -literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 500,000 member educators across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are currently seeking a talented professional to join our foundations team to work on building and managing corporate sponsors to support our education efforts. The foundations team is responsible for raising $10M per year, with an existing portfolio of active corporate and foundation partners. The successful candidate will have deep experience in corporate sponsorships, outstanding strategic- and creative-thinking skills, a collaborative work style, and a strong track record of prospecting and closing new business. The ability to work across multiple functional areas and management levels is critical: You must be comfortable and effective dealing with senior executives and board members as well as functional specialists such as product managers and editors. The corporate sponsorship manager will be based in San Francisco and report to the VP of philanthropic partnerships and regional growth. Some travel will be required.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the research, cultivation, and closing of new corporate sponsor partnerships that increase distribution of Common Sense services in schools, promote our brand, and monetize our content
- Grow a robust prospect pipeline for designated markets
- Develop and implement partnership strategy, including setting targets, identifying emerging opportunities, defining our value proposition, and determining pricing and other sources of value
- Oversee the structuring, negotiation, and closing of partnership deals
- Understand the key business drivers for our partners, including long-term and short-term objectives, and develop solutions leveraging our expertise
- Provide leadership to the organization regarding competing services and new opportunities; help develop sponsorship offerings that align our strategic interests with those of current/potential partners
- Deliver amazing value to each and every relationship
- Foster opportunities for regional and national engagement of local prospects, and ensure that national partnerships lead to local engagement when appropriate
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- A bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in corporate sponsorship and/or business development
- Candidates with a master's degree in education, business, or public policy strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to manage a pipeline
- Experience in proposal writing, strategy, and program development
- Knowledge of evolving pre-K–12 education and media and technology trends, across a breadth of topics
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent presentation and public-speaking skills and confidence cultivating and soliciting high-level funder relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with many deadlines and competing requirements
- Strong research and analytical skills and familiarity with full suite of Google tools and Salesforce
- Ability and willingness to travel
THE X FACTOR:
- A high degree of self-motivation, self-direction, and ingenuity in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative mindset. You have a knack for working effectively across work spectrums.
- A strategic mindset and ability to understand how to connect programs to larger strategic goals and outcomes
- An ability to build and maintain positive and authentic relationships and a desire to understand the interests and motivation of funders
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A passion for the mission and goals of Common Sense!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.