Walk & Special Events CoordinatorParkinson's Foundation
The Community Development Manager is responsible for the implementation of the mission through programs, fundraising events, corporate development, and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including fundraising, public education programs, support services, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Moving Day® walk program and other events as assigned.
- Lead fundraising efforts, leadership development and volunteer development with corporate partners.
- Oversee all logistics and volunteer management for Moving Day event(s) and other events as assigned.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations related to Moving Day and other events as assigned.
- Coordinate all collateral materials (printed and electronic) related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate community based public education programs and attend local support group meetings.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Utilize the resources available and keep abreast of National Office activities.
- Maintain knowledge about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge and Convio a plus.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter