Senior Director Philanthropic ServicesCommunity Foundation of Broward
ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS
Community Foundation of Broward seeks a goal-driven candidate who possesses outstanding relationship skills, outstanding writing and communications skills, a proven track record of securing large scale investments/major gifts, and a deep commitment to developing philanthropic resources for our Broward Community. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional who is passionate about positively impacting the lives of those in our community by inspiring others to invest generously to make Broward better.
The Senior Director of Philanthropic Services primary functions are to help significantly grow the Community Foundation of Broward’s assets including identifying, cultivating and soliciting: Current Donors to add to their Funds and include the Foundation in their estate plan; and Prospective Donors for new current and planned gifts. This individual’s development work is key to Community Foundation of Broward’s ability to raise $50 million annually.
Build and Grow Funds:
- Close new gifts to current donor Funds: Identify, cultivate and solicit current Fundholders to add new gifts to their charitable Funds.
- Close gifts to create new donor Funds: Identify prospects and create and implement cultivation strategies that result in new gifts.
- Grow the planned gift pipeline by $20M per year by asking prospects to include the Community Foundation in their estate plan and provide documentation of their intentions.
Attract Partners to Foundation Work
- Elicit referrals from professional advisors through effective strategy development, implementation, active solicitation, engagement, and stewardship. Build competencies and comfort with philanthropy conversation, serving as their trusted resource on philanthropy solutions and satisfaction with our ability to help their client.
- Motivate and inspire our constituents to provide referrals (staff, current donors, Board, past Board, advisors, etc.).
Deepen the Department’s Philanthropic Expertise:
- Develop effective tools to support major gift cultivation and solicitation
- Represent the Foundation in the community as liaison for professional advisor associations and events.
- Be the organization’s knowledge center for charitable giving options that attract larger donors.
- Be a strong advocate and knowledge center on high net worth individual preferences, philanthropic planning tools and Foundation services.
- Be a knowledge center on CFB work by internalizing and emulating the mission, vision, values of CFB; knowing the history, accomplishments programs and direction of the Foundation; Stay abreast of trends in the community foundation field; and stay current in professional reading.
We are a community where people feel connected and are actively engaged to make Broward better.
To provide leadership on community solutions and foster philanthropy that connects people who care with causes that matter.
- Spark innovation and take prudent risk
- Set the standard and rise to meet the challenge
- Honor, respect and embrace diverse perspectives