Director of CommunicationNorth Country School / Camp Treetops
The Director of Communications leads strategic
communications and marketing initiatives that foster the
institution’s vision. The Director of Communications promotes and
develops the institution’s voice and branding and is responsible
for messaging to key constituencies and stakeholders. The
ideal candidate is a thoughtful leader, strategic thinker,
experienced writer, creative problem-solver, and valuable team
member. The Director of Communications reports to the Head of
School. The person in this role manages a Staff Writer and other
Qualifications: This position requires outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as strong attention to detail, editing, proofreading skills, and the ability to multi-task. In addition, this person must be able to work successfully in teams within varied constituencies. The ideal candidate must possess the following skills: skilled writing with quick turnaround, flexible work style, problem solving, professional decision making, and the ability to uphold the highest standards of work and ethics including handling sensitive and confidential communications. Experience in an independent school environment is preferred.
· A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing and communications, Superior strategic skills and a strong grasp of communications industry best practices, including marketing, media relations, branding, social media, and messaging.
· Collaborative and collegial orientation, eager and able to engage a diverse client base, and ability to build strong professional relationships.
· The wisdom and confidence to provide advice and counsel on sensitive matters of importance with respect to the institution.
· Proficiency with the Google suite of applications, social media tools, and experience in web publishing.
· Proven track record of managing and developing others.
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
· Ability to work occasional
evenings and weekends.
About North Country School / Camp Treetops
Located in Lake Placid, NY, North Country School is a coed junior boarding and day school for students in grades 4-9. The school educates and nurtures children today in such a way that they develop the resourcefulness and skills they need for tomorrow. For over 75 years North Country School has achieved this by placing daily and equal emphases on arts and outdoor education and by upholding values, such as our commitment to the environment and the importance of working as community. www.northcountryschool.org
Camp Treetops is a coed summer youth boarding program providing children an unplugged, experiential learning environment. Camp operates on common values, back to basic enjoyment of the environment through enriched activities in the heart of the Adirondacks. www.camptreetops.org
Compensation: Competitive among comparable schools
Location: Lake Placid, New York
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree(s) preferred
Start Date: immediate availability
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and a current resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.