Development Director, Environmental Non-ProfitClean Wisconsin
Clean Wisconsin is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization focusing on preserving and protecting our clean air, water, and natural heritage for the health of all Wisconsinites. Clean Wisconsin is seeking a talented and experienced Membership and Development Director to join our dedicated team.
The Membership and Development Director reports to the President & CEO and works with Program Staff and the Board of Directors to plan, develop, and implement a membership program and fundraising initiatives to sustain a comprehensive set of advocacy programs that include policy research, legal review and action, public education, media outreach, and legislative and policymaker engagement. This is a full-time position located in Madison, Wisconsin.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Create and implement a comprehensive strategic development plan to meet short- and long-term fundraising goals, and to strengthen the culture of philanthropy among Clean Wisconsin members, foundation funders, board members, and volunteers;
- Manage and maintain accountability for annual giving strategies (both direct mail and online), renewals, lapsed membership, special appeals, prospecting, end of year strategies, and special day of giving opportunities;
- Cultivate relationships with prospective donors and solicit major donor gifts both directly and in coordination with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, or other designated Clean Wisconsin advocates;
- Coordinate efforts with the executive management team and program staff to ensure brand awareness and membership and community engagement in all special events and fundraising opportunities;
- Plan, execute, and have direct oversight of both large-scale organizational fundraisers and small member prospecting events across the state;
- Maintain and grow the Corporate Donor Program, and Planned Giving Program within an increasingly competitive philanthropic environment;
- Coordinate official communication with the Communications Director to ensure consistent marketing and public relations messaging with members and prospective members, community partners, and funders.
A successful candidate will have a passion for protecting the environment and a proven track record of development experience that includes experience enhancing member engagement and closing five and six figure amount gifts; securing major donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals; and developing and executing strategic plans and programs with budget accountability and deliverables in stated timeframes. A Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years of proven Development experience.Work Culture:
Clean Wisconsin is a dynamic organization consisting of approximately 20 professionals and fosters a work environment of teamwork at all levels of the organization. Employees should be able to revise strategies and tasks to meet emerging conditions impacting Clean Wisconsin’s core mission. Regular travel and attendance at fundraisers, meetings, conferences, and governmental settings are essential. The culture also includes a strong level of accountability for each team member’s core areas of responsibility.Compensation:
The Membership and Development Director is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by June 30, 2017 to:
Attn: Hiring Committee
634 W. Main St. #300
Madison, WI 53703
Email application materials directly to email@example.com. Be sure to include the subject line “Clean Wisconsin Development Director.”
Clean Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions to recruit, hire, promote and release from employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental abilities, or veteran status.