Executive DirectorRonald McDonald House
RONALD McDONALD HOUSE®
OF CONNECTICUT AND WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS
Position Description: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for operating an efficient, financially sound and well-organized program which advances the mission of the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Connecticut and Western Massachusetts (RMHC-CT and Western MA) in a manner consistent with the excellent quality of services provided to families in need.
The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing leadership, vision and support in the development, implementation, establishment and evaluation of all programs, staff and facilities, general operations, policies and procedures, public relations, fundraising and budgetary oversight, as well as overseeing all communications and campaigns with RMHC Global.
Reporting to the President of the Boards, the ED provides overall leadership to the organization, including operations, financial management, marketing, fundraising, public/community relations, program development, human resources management, and strategic direction. The ED must maintain a strong collaborative relationship with each Advisory Board Chair as well as strive for institutional growth and vision, guided by the mission and values of the national Ronald McDonald House Charities.
The key areas of responsibility for the Executive Director and his/her leadership are:
- Support the mission, vision, financial and program needs of the RMH-CT and Western MA;
- Create a working environment which challenges, supports and stretches people; initiate opportunities where staff can realize their potential;
- Collaborate with local businesses and the national RMHC to acquire capital funding for the needs documented as a result of research and outreach in the local areas;
- Establish and maintain ongoing connections with partner hospitals, local communities, and businesses;
- Oversee and creatively manage the activities needed to fulfill the unique needs of each House, so that they’re on time and within budget.
The ED is responsible for creating and managing a performance-oriented culture and a sustainable infrastructure. The ED should maintain a high professional profile in the community and be a strategic marketer and relationship builder, one who knows how to maximize connections, maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders and develops productive and confident staff and volunteers in order to further the RMHC-CT and Western MA mission.
- BA or BS required; an advanced degree preferred. 10 years of senior management and business development experience with a proven track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization.
- A minimum of 10 years in a senior management “staff role” working with nonprofit boards and committees.
- Excellence in marketing, public relations, sales experience with a strong ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
Proven track record of fund raising initiatives with positive outcomes.