Chief Development Officer, St. Anne'sSt. Anne's
Organizational history and service description
Opened in 1908 as a safe refuge for unwed mothers, St. Anne's has evolved into one of the most highly regarded social-service agencies in California. We offer residential care and transitional housing, family education and mental health services, early childhood education and workforce development. Our programs build safe, nurturing and resilient families—from pregnancy to parenthood and childhood to adulthood—for generations to come. St. Anne's has an annual operating budget of approximately $25 million and a staff of 300 employees.
St. Anne’s is in the midst of implementing a fund development plan that involves: engagement of its Board of Directors; fully developing its individual giving programs; coordinating its major giving and capital fund efforts, a robust foundation/corporate solicitation strategy, coordination with governmental grant support, and key attention to donor retention and relationship building at all levels. The right individual for the role will leverage this success and take the organization to the next level.
Position and Priorities
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Chief Development Officer will provide the leadership, vision, policy guidance and coordination of a comprehensive and innovative institutional advancement strategy. Managing a strong and stable team, the CDO will have oversight of communications and development efforts, each of which has strong and capable staffs. With direct involvement in capital gift solicitation and major donor engagement, the position will require proven skills in large and small scale presentations to promote the organization, as well as a strong research and data background.
- At least ten years of progressive development experience, with at least five years in a senior position; interest, enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising and building relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to enthusiastically convey the needs of St. Anne’s to individuals, foundations and corporations
- Ability to relate to and work effectively with people at all levels, both within the organization and in the community; sense of humor, confidence and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves as required; demonstrated ability to think independently, strategically, and creatively and then implement the strategy in a timely manner
- A high degree of initiative; flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude;
- Commitment to and understanding of the organization’s mission
- Computer literacy required; experience in Raiser’s Edge and complementary tools preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree preferred
St. Anne’s values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. For detailed information and to apply, CLICK HERE