Director of PhilanthropyBig Brothers Big Sisters of NYC
** All applicants must submit their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of securing high level institutional support.
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational, oral communication and written communication skills
The Director of Philanthropy will report to the Chief Development Officer team to secure foundation and government support for the leading mentoring organization in the country.
- Retain and grow existing portfolio of foundation and government partnerships; steward and solicit prospects to secure and grow new funding.
- Manage complete grant cycle process: write high quality grant applications and proposals including budgets and prepare other materials as needed: reports, letters of intent, program briefs, etc.; manage submission process and follow-up.
- Prospect research and identification:
- Developing a regularly updated list of institutional funding prospects for circulation to the Board of Trustees for contact identification.
- Tracking, developing strategies, preparing submissions and follow-up on all contacts resulting from the Board list.
- Acknowledgement and recognition of gifts.
- Supervises Grants Associate.
- Assist with other Development Department activities as assigned.
- Superior writing and prospect research skills, with a proven track record of success
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the New York City philanthropic community.
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required; experience with Raiser’s Edge database is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance package
- 15 paid vacation days year 1, 20 paid vacation days year 2 and after, 12 sick days, 3 personal days and 11 paid holidays
- 403b Retirement employer contribution
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability with respect to employment opportunities. EO/AA Employer.