Here are some answers to commonly asked questions.
Help for Subscribers
How much does a subscription cost?
Please visit our subscription information page for pricing details.
What is a web-only subscription?
A web-only subscription gives you full access to Philanthropy.com, including premium content and features such as:
- Unlimited access to the online Resource Center for instant guidance and ready-to-use checklists, templates, and how-to guides.
- Our monthly magazine featuring in-depth insight on today's nonprofit trends and big ideas.
- Complimentary access to GrantStation’s exclusive database of grant opportunities, application details, and the tools to help you connect with those who are most likely to support your cause.
- Nonprofit Adviser: A subscriber-only newsletter with indispensable advice and tools for raising money and running an organization.
I'm a subscriber and I cannot gain access to the premium content at Philanthropy.com.
If you have a Philanthropy.com account, log on at http://philanthropy.com/activate and follow the instructions to activate your access to The Chronicle's premium content. You’ll need your account number and mailing zip code to confirm your subscription.
For print subscribers, account numbers appear on your mailing label included on the issue. For web-only subscribers, your account number is included in your subscription confirmation e-mail.
If you don't have a Chronicle account, create one. It's free. Once you create your account, follow the instructions above.
I can't find my account number, and I want access now. What do I do?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need to talk to someone about my subscription, not my account.
Call us at 1-800-728-2819 or 818-487-4592 if calling from outside the United States. Tell the operator you want to talk to someone about your subscription.
Help for Account Holders
Why do I need a Chronicle of Philanthropy account?
An account is needed in order to take advantage of our complimentary online services. If you are a web-only subscriber, an account will also give you access to our premium online content and features.
What free services do you provide?
- The Chronicle publishes several complimentary e-newsletters, including Philanthropy Today, our daily roundup of all the important news affecting nonprofit leaders and their organizations.
- Job alerts can be set up so that anytime a job is posted that meets your criteria, you are alerted by an e-mail message.
- You can participate in meaningful forums with colleagues and experts, sharing their experiences and insights with each other.
- Comment on any Philanthropy news article or blog, and forward these same items to others via email.
I can't recall my password.
For privacy and security purposes, we do not re-send passwords. But you can go here to have it reset. (You will need to know the e-mail address you used when you created your account.)
How do I contact The Chronicle?
A detailed list of contacts can be found here.
Can I share my user name and password so that a colleague can read the premium content, too?
No. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and accounts, and are solely responsible for any unauthorized use by others of your account. For more information, read our User's Agreement.
Still need Help?
Drop us a line at email@example.com.