Innovative Ways to Recruit Board Members
- Duration: 60 minutes
Strong boards can help a nonprofit raise money, operate wisely, and make sound decisions. But many groups struggle to find highly qualified, diverse candidates to serve on their boards – and competition for top-notch board members can be intense.
Join The Chronicle of Philanthropy to learn cutting-edge approaches that can help you recruit your next board members. You’ll hear from a nonprofit leader who has mastered the use of social networks to find board members with the expertise and connections his organization needs―but would probably not have found with traditional techniques.
You’ll also learn how to hold in-person events that can help you identify community leaders who are ideal for your board as well as other techniques that can help you cast a broader recruiting net without wasting time or money.
What Will You Learn?
- How to draw upon community leaders to broaden the pool of candidates
- How to find trustees with skills that can advance your mission and set expectations for board service from the start
- How to diversify your board and groom future leaders
Who Should Attend?
- Chief executive officers, presidents, and executive directors
- Board chairs and board members
- Chief fundraising officers and development directors