Build Strong Ties with Wealthy Donors
- Duration: 60 minutes
Many affluent Americans are giving generously again now that they see the economy is rebounding. But competition to get their dollars continues to be stiff.
Join our Webinar to learn how to make sure your organization stands out and hear first-hand from one of America's most generous donors and from one of the nation's most successful major-gifts fundraisers.
Cindy Simon Skjodt, whose family recently donated $40-million to help modernize Indiana University's iconic basketball arena, will explain how she chooses her causes and how she likes to be approached. She’ll also offer advice on how nonprofits can better engage other wealthy supporters.
You'll also hear from Curt Simic, a veteran Indiana University fundraiser who worked with Skjodt. He'll discuss the ways that focusing on the donor's interests and passions, rather than the institution's needs, has helped him cultivate donors who give generously again and again.
Plus, get trends, insights, and data from our annual Philanthropy 50, The Chronicle of Philanthropy's annual ranking of America's top donors, a report that is based on interviews with dozens of big donors, wealth advisers, and top fundraisers.
What Will You Learn?
- Keys to developing long-term support from major donors
- Views of one major donor who will explain what attracts her interest, turns her off, and how she decides to give
- What the Philanthropy 50 survey reveals about the fundraising climate for 2014
Who Should Attend?
- Chief development officers and development directors
- Major-gifts officers and other fundraisers
- Executive directors, presidents, and board members