Tailor Your Appeals to Different Generations
- Duration: 60 minutes
Tailoring fundraising strategies to the distinct giving preferences of different generations can help you attract new supporters while retaining loyal donors. And knowing which tactics appeal to several age groups can help you maximize your fundraising efforts without spreading your team too thin.
Join us for an informative session that will offer insights into the differing mindsets of today’s donors and help you understand which tactics work well with donors across the generations ― so you can maximize your fundraising.
Gayle Vogel of Edge Research will present her firm’s findings on the communication and giving preferences of different age groups, explain which tactics resonate with which group, and share recommendations for building a fundraising strategy that will improve your results today and lay the groundwork for a strong future.
You’ll also learn how Dan Allenby, an annual giving fundraiser at Boston University, develops appeals and campaigns that engage young alumni. He’ll explain which tactics and approaches work best with millennial donors, and he’ll also offer tips for tailoring appeals to young supporters.
What Will You Learn?
- Proven strategies for attracting and keeping both young and older donors.
- How to craft appeals that get donors in their 20s and 30s to give.
- How to adapt fundraising strategies to millennial donors versus older donors.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief development officers, development directors, and major gifts officers
- Communications directors and online marketers
- Executive directors
What Resources Will You Receive?
Article: How to Shape Your Fundraising to Reach Donors of Different Ages