How to Tap Into Donor-Advised Funds
- Duration: 60 minutes
Wealthy donors who establish donor-advised funds get immediate tax benefits but can postpone decisions about which charities receive a gift. Many nonprofits worry about the rising popularity of these funds because many donors use them to make anonymous gifts, making it difficult or impossible to build ties with the donors.
To increase your chances of attracting these dollars, join The Chronicle of Philanthropy and community foundation executives for advice on building ties with wealth advisors who counsel donors when they create or augment advised funds. You’ll get tips for raising awareness of your nonprofit among estate lawyers, financial planners, wealth advisers, and people at your local or regional community foundations who help donors find nonprofits to support.
What Will You Learn?
- How to raise awareness of your nonprofit among DAF owners and community foundation leaders
- Insights into the motivations and giving preferences of donors who hold these funds
- How to build ties with financial professionals who counsel those who own donor-advised funds
Who Should Attend?
- Chief development officers, development directors, and major gifts officers
- Communications directors and online marketers
- Executive directors